I have struggled the last few weeks within myself in the balance between celebrating the victories of the
summer and looking forward to the fall. In the midst of this we also have the time that we celebrated the time
with Pastor David but also we are looking to the future of what God has set forth in front of us at Emmanuel
Baptist Church. In Youth Ministry, this in between happened regularly. Youth and College Ministry works in
Semesters and Years. We plan out events yearly. However, each semester we do evaluate what is coming up and make changes depending on leadership, challenges and the leading of the Holy Spirit. When we want to
“Experience God” we need to look no farther than Henry Blackaby’s “Seven Realities” within his study,
1. God is always at work around you.
2. God pursues a continuing love relationship with you that are real and personal.
3. God invites you to become involved with Him in His work.
4. God speaks by the Holy Spirit through the Bible, prayer, circumstances and the church to reveal Himself, His purposes and His ways.
5. God’s invitation for you to work with Him always leads you to a crisis of belief that requires faith and action.
6. You must make major adjustments in your life to join God in what He is doing.
7. You come to know God by experience as you obey Him and He accomplishes His work through you.